Students may be eligible for admissions to programs offered in Sugar Land if they have completed most of the lower-level courses in their major.
Admission begins with students:
- Choosing a degree that they want to pursue (see degrees sponsored in Sugar Land)
- Meeting with an academic advisor at Sugar Land
- » Applying to the university sponsoring the degree in Sugar Land «
Course registration is quick and easy when using your home university's online registration systems. These systems are available only during scheduled times, check your home university's calendar for your registration window.
|University of Houston||www.uh.edu/myPeopleSoft|
For information on how to add/drop/withdraw from a course, contact your advisor.
Handbooks and Catalogs
Students at UH Sugar Land use the handbook and catalog of the institution awarding their degrees - University of Houston, UH-Clear Lake, or UH-Victoria. After choosing your degree program, you may access the handbook and catalog of your home institution by using the links below:
|UH Catalogs||UHCL Catalogs||UHV Catalogs|
|UH Handbooks||UHCL Handbooks||UHV Handbooks|
Tuition & Fees
UHSL Does NOT Accept Tuition & Fee Payments. Your tuition and fees are paid through your home university.
You can pay several ways:
- Credit Card - When registering online or by phone, students can pay tuition and fee bills with a credit card. Students should contact their home university to find out which credit cards are accepted.
- Check - Payments by check must be mailed or delivered in person to the home university.
- Cash - Cash payments must be made in person at the home university. Students should contact their home university for more information on payment methods and due dates.
For information regarding refunds, contact your advisor.
Courses at UH Sugar Land are delivered through multiple methods. While many classes offered are face-to-face, where the instructor and students interact in a campus classroom, other classes may be delivered by a variety of telecommunications methods.
- Face-to-Face (F2F) - Classes listed as face-to-face are presented in classrooms at UHSL.
- Instructional television (ITV) - ITV provides for two-way audio and video conferencing with Sugar Land students, the instructor, and students at other locations.
- Online - Online classes are another popular option for individuals who enjoy interacting with their instructor and other students on their home computer, at work, or in our computer lab.
Attending classes at UH Sugar Land does not mean you can not work full time. Face-to-face and ITV courses are scheduled during the day and evenings. Since many courses are online, students can choose the time and day they want to attend classes.
Whatever method of instruction you prefer, you will find plenty of help and support from your instructor and the teaching center's staff.